Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where I Am From

I am from Jersey Suburbia, from delicious yeast risin bagels and pizza, and the land that originated the hair "poof" and excessive use of tanning beds.
I am from the country style decorated capcod, beautiful window dormers that I snuggle up in late at night, and smells like mom's Yankee candles.
I am from the purple violet, late night dips in the pool, day trips to the beach, and catching fireflies.
I am from Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's, big eyed beauties, both the Conrad's and the Meyers'.
I am from a family of six, with two completely different sisters,  one shy brother, but equally, all share a great friendship.
I am from the fun loving, and kind hearted.
From being told that I had the personality to achieve greatness with whatever I do in life and from a man that tells me everyday how lucky he is to be marrying me.
I am from Griswold Family Christmas, yet never "think" to attend mass...
I'm from Lisa's homemade Penne Vodka and Rusty's grill-icious BBQ family dinners.
I am from Gram, the sweetest and most generous woman, that at times didn't have two pennies to rub together, but still managed to take care of 3 children and foster 5 more, and later had 8 grand kids, and 16 great-grand kids; yet never forgot a birthday along the way. She graciously passed her wonderful personality and kind hearted traits generations down the line.
I am from horse shoes and Abbott and Costello movies with grandpa and card games, grilled cheese, and midnight QVC shopping with grandma.
I am from the past...
The present...
And the future...
And I could not ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment